Discipline & Anti Bullying
To create community, each of us, needs all of us, and all of us, need each of us.
Middle Harbour Public School is committed to providing a safe, supportive and responsive learning environment for everyone. We teach and model the behaviours we value in our students.
- The MHPS Code of Conduct (pdf 111 KB) clearly states the behaviours we expect everyone to model.
- The MHPS Student Discipline Policy (pdf 298 KB) outlines the specific strategies and programs we use to foster a positive learning environment and the processes we follow when things go wrong or someone is hurt or harmed.
Responding to bullying
Middle Harbour takes strong action in response to bullying, violent, intimidating or discriminatory behaviours that cause hurt or harm to any member of the school community.
- The MHPS Fair Discipline and Responding to Bullying Parent Pamphlet (pdf 918 KB outlines our expectations for positive behaviours and processes for resolving conflicts fairly and respectfully.
- The above document has been developed from the MHPS Anti-bullying Plan (pdf 913 KB)
If you witness bullying or your child is experiencing bullying behaviours be sure to let us know. Students and parents are encouraged to report bullying to the class teacher or Deputy Principal. You can also report incidents of bullying by using the EForm on SkoolBag.
Supporting children to reflect when things go wrong
The school uses common processes and tools to support children in their decision making:
- The Emotional Thermometer (pdf 215 KB)
- The Catastrophe Scale (pdf 250 KB)
- Reflection Sheet (pdf 79 KB)
These are great tools that students, staff and parents can use at school, at work and for life. When we all use the same consistent approach children feel safe, more secure and supported.
Our policy and procedures are informed by:
- Anti-Bullying Interventions - What Works
- Student Discipline in Government Schools Policy, PD20060316
- Bullying: Preventing and Responding to Student Bullying in Schools Policy, PD20100415
- Student Welfare Policy, PD20020052
- Suspension Policy (pdf 1398 KB)
Recommended web sites: